We are honored to have served the following Unitarian Universalist communities around the United States since 2013:
Staffs and Organizations
- Pacific Western Region of the UUA (Congregational Life Staff Retreat 2015 in Danville, CA)
- Mountain Desert District of the UUA
- Beloved Community Weekend 2014 in Albuquerque, NM
- Annual Meeting 2014 in Sheridan, WY
- Leadership Development Day 2015 in Denver, CO
- QUUest Camp 2015 in Bellvue, CO
- Annual Meeting and Conference 2016 in Albuquerque, NM
- Pacific Central District of the UUA
- District Assembly 2014 in Sacramento, CA
- District Assembly 2015 in San Francisco, CA
- District Assembly 2016 in Fremont, CA
- UU Justice Ministry of California (Walking the Walk 2015 at Camp de Benneville Pines, CA)
- Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists in Berkeley, CA (Process of Discernment Retreat and Worship series 2016)
- Boulder Valley UU Fellowship in Lafayette, CO
- Workshop 2013
- Leadership Retreat 2016
- Workshop 2016
- Columbine UU Church in Littleton, CO (Class Series 2015)
- First UU Society of Albany, NY (Workshop 2015)
- Glacier UU Fellowship in Kalispell, MT (Workshop 2014)
- Granite Peak UU Congregation in Prescott, AZ (Retreat and Worship 2016)
- High Plains Church, UU in Colorado Springs, CO (Workshop 2014)
- Kitsap UU Fellowship in Bremerton, WA (Workshop and Worship 2015)
- Marquette UU Congregation in Marquette, MI (Beloved Community Weekend Retreat 2016)
- Sierra Foothills UU in Auburn, CA
- Workshop 2013
- Workshop 2014
- Workshop 2015
- South Valley UU Society in Salt Lake City, UT (Workshops and Worship 2015)
For 20 years Jared has explored ways to support deepening connection in and amongst communities. His experience includes workshop and retreat facilitation at conferences, camps, churches, and classrooms.
A former filmmaker and media literacy instructor as well as an early childhood educator, Jared discovered NVC in 2007 while working in private schools. Struck at how beneficial this practice was in helping repair disconnection amongst disparate groups within the school system he pursued further study with the intention of distributing this training more widely.
At the heart of the practice of Nonviolent Communication is the question, “how do we want to live with one another?” Jared enjoys exploring with communities ways to engage with that question. Collaboratively, and while modeling and practicing the form of Nonviolent Communication, he supports communities to invent and implement life-enriching whole systems, and practices for restorative justice. Jared offers trainings in concrete skills of nonviolence that lead to reconciliation with ourselves, with our loved ones and within and between our communities.
Gregory has extensive experience as a leader in UU communities in California, Virginia and Colorado. As well as serving as Religious Education Committee Chair, Board President, and Small Group Ministry Lay Coordinator, he has been a presenter at District and General Assemblies and taught communication and community building at the Pacific Central District UU Leadership School. He is a Master of Divinity graduate of Naropa University and Director-at-Large of The UU Society for Community Ministries.
Gregory lives with his family in a cohousing community near Boulder, Colorado and is a Certified Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication.